FAQs about Germany Visas And Immigration

Important Questions regarding Visas and Immigration

Q:        Without expressing any specific reason my visa application has been rejected. What can I do now?

A:        The German consulate holds full authority to reject any visa application without explaining the reason. Still, you can submit a written application to the visa section to know the reasons for rejection of the visa application. This is called ‘Remonstration’.

Q:        I have been issued the Visa from the German Embassy. Will this Visa be eligible in other European countries?

A:        Yes! German embassy issues the Schengen Visa for visiting. You can travel to all Schengen countries via this visa. More than two thirds of European countries have now entered the Schengen treaty.

Q:        Which Countries are part of the Schengen Treaty?

A:        Schengen is a small town in Luxemburg. Here a treaty was signed between European countries. Under this treaty the citizens and residents of all these countries could travel between these countries without the obligation of Visa. Hence, if the visit visa to anyone Schengen country was issued the visitor will be allowed to visit all Schengen countries under that visa. Following countries are a part of the Schengen treaty till now.

            Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Slovenia, Portugal, Netherlands, Malta, Lithuania, Latvia, Iceland, Finland, Estonia, and Czech Republic.

Q:        How long can I stay in Germany and other Schengen countries under the visitor visa?

A:        Your visit duration will be inscribed on the visit visa sticker. The maximum stay limit can be up to 90 days.

Q:        If I am currently on visit and want to extend the duration of my visit, is there a possibility of extension in my visa?

A:        This is only possible under very special and important circumstances. The decision of visa extension rests only with the German Foreign Authority.

Q:        I want to visit Germany and other Schengen countries multiple times during the next few months. Can I apply for a visa which stay valid for a longer duration of time?

A:        After you have submitted your visa application, the embassy will decide based on your documentation for which category visa can be issued to you. The embassy may issue a multiple visa which can be valid for up to one or two years. You can travel multiple times on this visa. But bear this in mind that multiple visa is issued to people who have travelled to Germany frequently in the past.

Q:        I want to go to Germany to get married to a German citizen. What should I do for that?

A:        First and foremost, ask your German spouse or partner to inquire about the relevant papers and documents in the Registry office. When the required documents have all been accounted for and complete than apply for Marriage visa at the German consulate, on which you will get married in Germany. After you have gotten married you will be issued a residence permit and work permit, allowing your permanent residence in Germany.

Q:        My wife is a German resident. I want to go live with her, what shall I do?

A:        Submit an application for a Family Reunion Visa in the German Consulate in Pakistan. After necessary processing the visa section will dispatch this request to the German Foreign Authority. After the embassy receives acceptance from the German foreign authority, you will be issued the ‘Family Reunion Visa’. This will also make you eligible for residence permit and work permit in Germany.

Q:        Can I work in Germany while studying there?

A:        During your academic year you will be permitted to work a total of three months. But during a language course, this permit is revoked.

Q:        while studying in Germany, am I allowed to call my family to Germany?

A:        Basically, no! While considering a family reunion for a student in Germany, understated three groups are usually considered.

  • Postgraduate students
  • Scholarship holders
  • Students belonging to countries other than the European countries. Like students belonging to Australia, Andorra, Canada, Iceland, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and America.

Q:        I want to study in Germany on Scholarship, who should I contact for that?

A:        the Federal Foreign Office has no authority and business in this regard. The scholarships originate when specific amount is reserved in the federal budget for education. There are independent organizations which distribute this amount is the form of scholarships among deserving candidates. In this regard, you will have to contact the German Academic Exchange or the DAAD.

Q:        What is the procedure to apply for a work visa?

A:        Being a foreigner, you will legally need a work permit in order to work in Germany. You will apply at the embassy for being issued the resident permit. After you have been issued the permit you will also be able to access the labor market.

Q:        where can I obtain information relevant to attaining and securing a job in Germany?

A:        the Federal Employment Agency issues an informational booklet. The booklet contains all the relevant information regarding jobs. The booklet also contains information on the required eligibility and skill for the job along with the application procedure.

Q:        What is working holiday program?

A:        Germany has signed bilateral treaties with Australia, New Zealand and Japan. Under these agreements youngsters from ages 18 to 30, belonging to these countries can visit Germany and vice versa, in an effort to get acquainted with the culture, history and daily life styles of each other. The time period for this holiday program is one year. Under the working holiday program, yearlong contract jobs are also available.

Q:        I was born in Germany but my parents are not German. Can I get the German passport?

A:        Any child born in Germany can get the German citizenship, whether the parents are German or not. But the child must not be born before the 1st of January 2000.

Q:        I am not currently living in German, despite this, can I get German citizenship?

A:        Yes, it is possible. If you have a mastery skill in the German language, have some deep rooted relation to Germany and you do not require any kind of financial support from the German government; then you can go to Germany on a visit visa and apply for citizenship once you get there.

Q:        we being husband and wife are not German citizens, but have been living in Germany for the past many years. Can our child apply for the German citizenship?

A:        Yes! If either one of you has been living legally in Germany for the past 8 years, this makes your child eligible for German citizenship. But this will be decided between the child’s age of 18 to 23 that whether he wishes to be a German citizen since birth or has wanted the nationality of some other foreign country.

Q:        I have married a German national. Will I automatically qualify for receiving the German citizenship?

A:        No, you do not. Any foreigner does not qualify automatically for German citizenship through marriage. After at the last two years of being married to a German citizen you become eligible to apply for German citizenship. But that always comes with a precondition that you should be living in Germany for at the least past three years.

Q:        How can I be stripped of my German citizenship?

A:        Any German citizen who accepts the nationality of any other country except the European Union and Switzerland will be stripped of his German citizenship. It has also been declared mandatory for all German citizens serve in the armed forces for at least nine months. Any German citizen who does not oblige by this rule will also be stripped of his citizenship.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!