The Australian Visa system is complicated to navigate. It is important to be aware of the different visa options available, as well as how to apply for them and what your eligibility requirements are before applying. I hope this blog post will be great helpful for you. So let’s start without wasting time.
Australian Visa System for Pakistanis:
I am really happy to say that now the Australian Government has made easier visa system for Pakistanis. Now Pakistani citizens can apply for Australian visas online.
You can easily check your visa status after applying through the internet only, without going to the consulate office. This system is now continued in many countries including the USA, Canada, UK, etc.
It’s a great facility given by the Australian government for us that it has started applying visa procedure online for Australia. So now Pakistani citizens are allowed to apply online for Australian visas. The Australian government has launched this service where you can check your visa status by simply entering your Visa Number or personal details on its official website.
This new procedure is much better than the previous one where it used to take weeks before applicants could check visa status. It was very hard for people living abroad to apply for Australian visas. But now the process is much easier so you can easily apply for an Australia visa online without going anywhere.
The Australian government has made it possible that applicants can apply online and check their visa status by entering correct details on its official website at www.immi.gov.au.
Australian Visa Types:
Australian Government offers different types of visas to Pakistani citizens. There are different types of visas depending on the visa type you apply for. The most common types include:
- Visitor Visa Applications
- Student Visa Applications
- Cultural and social temporary residence visa applications
- Human rights and family-based permanent International Migration Applications
- Applications for registration of citizenship (Eligible)
You can find all details about Australian visa requirements. Let’s take a look on different types of Australian visa types.
People who would like to visit Australia for either business or pleasure. The Australian visa system has certain requirements and policies that need to be followed by the applicants trying to get into Australia. For this reason, many people find it difficult to get into the country due to lack enough knowledge of how the visa application process works. This site aims at making things easier for such applicants who are looking for a leisure trip, meeting a relative, business trip or an other purpose tot go to Australia. You can check complete detail regarding visitor/tourist on the following given links below:
Australian Student Visa:
The Australian High commission now allows Pakistani students to apply for their student visas online. This system has made the process extremely easy, time-saving, and cost-effective for students. The Student visa allows international students to study in Australia for an acceptable period (limited). Students with high grades are also eligible for this opportunity but still, they need to fulfill the eligibility criteria as per Australian rules and regulations. Students can now apply an online or direct approach to the high commission of Australia Islamabad for availing of this opportunity.
You can check all the necessary information regarding Australian Student Visa by simply following the give links below:
Australian Medical Treatment Visa:
The Australian government has introduced a new Medical Treatment visa for Pakistanis. This visa is not the same as the temporary medical treatment visa which was earlier known as a visitor visa. The latest Australian medical treatment visa allows the Pakistani applicant to live in Australia while he/she receives medical treatment from any of the hospitals and medical facilities in Australia.
The new visa has many benefits. The main advantage of the Australian medical treatment visa is that one can extend this visa any number of times depending on the time required for medical treatment in Australia. There are no language or other requirements so it becomes much easier to apply for the Australian Medical Treatment Visa online. This special type of visa is available only to Pakistani citizens. The citizens of any other country can’t apply for this visa. For more information about Australian Medical Treatment Visa click on the given link:
Australian Work/Professional/skilled Visa:
Australia offers work visas for professionals and skilled workers of Pakistan. The Australian work visa is divided into two categories.
- Skilled Migrant Category:
- Professional Category:
To apply for the skilled worker visa an applicant must have a job offer from an Australian employer. The requirement of sponsoring an employer can be waived if the applicant has key skills and qualifications in demand in Australia and which match those specified by Austrade(Australian trade commission).
The following categories of work visas are available:
- Skilled Worker Visas ( Subclass 457): For Temporary Workers.
- Professional Visa (Subclass 186 and 187): For Permanent Residency.
The subclass 457 visa provides a short-term solution to solve acute labor shortages and allows holders to reside and work in Australia for up to four years.
The subclass 186 and 187 visas allow an applicant to work and live in Australia as a permanent resident.
Applicant must fulfill the following basic criteria:
Age: At least 18 years of age and at most 45 years on the visa application day (subclass 457 only). For professional visas, there is no upper age limit.
Health: Not suffering from an ailment or condition that is likely to render the applicant a danger to public health or safety, and not reasonably expected to require health care services (subclass 457 only).
Skills And qualifications: Applicant must possess skills and qualifications in demand in Australia. The skills could be verified by documents issued by Australian authorities or by an accredited government or non-government body that is relevant to the applicants’ occupation.
English Language Ability: Applicants who are not citizens of a native English-speaking country must show they have adequate competence in the English language. This may be by any reliable means, such as academic qualifications, professional qualifications, employment experience, or membership of organizations with English language programs.
Personal Character: Applicant must be of good character and have no criminal record in Australia or their home country.
Labor Market And Other Requirements: Applicants sponsored by an employer who is on the Australian government’s list of approved sponsors will only need to meet the ‘no nomination required’ criteria (subclass 457 only).
To be eligible for a work visa, the applicant must either apply in Australia at the Australian Visa Application Center (AVAC) or hold a valid overseas visa. If you have applied outside of Australia, you will need to present your passport and any supporting evidence required by the immigration officer when applying for a work visa at the Australian border.
Applicant must provide:
- Passport (certified copies of all pages, plus a copy of any page or endorsement showing entry/exit visas and other details such as records of immigration clearance; this is normally other than the first and last pages)
- Biometric Photograph(45mm x 35mm)
- Documents to show that the applicant meets requirements for skill type; work experience or qualification in occupational areas of labor shortages or if sponsored by an employer who is on the Australian Government’s list of approved sponsors, then no additional documents are required.
- Supporting Evidence from a professional association, university, or special interest group attesting to the applicant’s professional standing and/or expertise.
- Supporting evidence from an employer attesting to the applicant’s suitability for the particular position, such as a statement of service with details of duties and salary (subclass 457 only).
- Police clearances: Evidence showing that you or any family member has not committed or been charged with any criminal offense in any country (subclass 457 only).
- English language test result (if not a citizen of an English-speaking country; subclass 187 or 188 only).
- Employment contract between the applicant and their new employer.
- Financial Capacity: evidence that you have access to enough funds to meet your living expenses while looking for work, or that you will have access to enough funds upon entry into Australia.
- Evidence of qualifications and work experience (subclass 186).
- Evidence of your Australian sponsor’s ability to provide financial support to the visa applicant.
- A Department of Immigration and Citizenship form 1208: Declaration in support of a Skilled Migrant Application
As of February 2018, Australia issues six types of visas for skilled workers:
- Subclass 457 visa is issued to the temporary skilled worker in the Australian job market with the primary purpose of filling jobs that cannot be filled by Australians.
- Subclass 186 visa is issued to skilled workers where the applicant’s occupation is on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL).
- Subclass 187 visa is issued to an overseas skilled worker where the primary purpose of entering Australia is to undertake skilled work in either a full-time or part-time employment.
- Subclass 189 visa is issued to at-risk skilled workers with the primary purpose of filling jobs that cannot be filled by Australians.
- Subclass 857 visa is issued to temporary business visitors which allow people from certain countries to come to Australia as short-term business visitor.
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485), also called an “employer-sponsored temporary work visa” is issued to people who have recently completed a tertiary qualification in Australia and want to stay and gain practical experience.
In Short Pakistani people can get a work visa for Australia based on Skilled Occupation and can stay in Australia. Learn more about Australian work visa click on given link below.
Conclusion: Pakistanis can now get an Australian Student Visa, Australia Medical Treatment Visa, and many more visa types by applying for them at their nearest Pakistani embassy. Those who are not able to travel to the Embassy, have online options available through the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The process is simple and quick with no need to take a long trip abroad or wait in queues for days on end! So what are you waiting for? Apply today before it’s too late!
I hope this article will be helpful for you to know about the Australian Visa System.
For any queries, you can ask us in the comment section below. Your comment is important for us, so please click on the comments box to post your queries.