The German embassy issues the Schengen visa for Pakistani citizens so that they can travel to Germany. This visa is considered valid for travelling to and between Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Hungry, Italy, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain and Sweden; along with being valid for Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
In order to apply for the German Visa the citizens of the provinces of Punjab, Khyber Pakhtoon Khwa and the Capital city of Islamabad submit their visa applications at the German Embassy in Islamabad. While if you belong to the provinces of Sindh or Baluchistan, You will have to approach the German Consulate in Karachi with your application.
The contact number of the Islamabad embassy is: 051-2007100 and the number for the Karachi Consulate General is: 021-5873782. The candidates should bear in mind that the embassy and the consulate generally do not issue appointments through Fax and Email due to technical issues. If you need to inquire about your visa case, then you will have to mail a written and signed letter by post or through fax. The fax number for the visa section is: 051-2278917.
- Visa Form completed with a TypeWriter
- Three passport size photographs with light background
- A passport which is valid for at least three months
- Last two expired passports (if present)
- Marital status and Children detail
- A list of relatives living abroad
- Affidavit for submission of rightful information (an imprint of sample attached)
- A travel health insurance policy worth € 30,000 which is valid for the Schengen countries. This travel health insurance policy will cover expenses in case of any medical treatment or for helping relatives in case of a sudden death. Include a photocopy.
- Air ticket (confirmed return ticket for a short visit and stay application)
- An affidavit regarding previous foreign tours.
- Receipt of Visa Fee
With regards to travel health insurance policy Adam Jee Insurance, ACE, AIG, Askari General Insurance, Century Insurance, Picic Insurance, IGI, Universal, and United Insurance Company are approved companies.
If the above mentioned insurance companies do not facilitate senior citizens above the age of 75; then German insurance companies ADAC, AXA, Allianz, Loya and Amadeus can be contacted through relatives or friends for insurance.
The German Embassy deposits visa fee in Pakistani currency. Therefore, it is recommended to calculate the value of Euros in rupees and take the amount with you. Germany has declared the visa fee to be € 60 for both short term and long term visas. Children less than 6 years of age are exempted from visa fee. Additional charges of PKR 500 are charged for returning the passport through courier service.
- Visa application sent through someone else will not be catered, hence personally submit the visa application at the embassy.
- Reach before the allotted time, so that there is no chance of a mishap due to the urgency.
- Visa forms can be downloaded free of cost from the German embassy website or can be directly obtained from the German embassy; also free of cost.
- Complete the form with the help of a typewriter and do not forget to sign the document.
- Short term visas are usually issued within a time frame of 2 to 3 weeks. Thus file the visa application at least a month prior to the planned visit.