UK Non Immigrant Visa Kinds
|7||1-G||Medical Treatment Visitor|
|8||1-F||Visitor in Transit|
|14||8-B||Common Wealth Countries|
Method of UK Visa Application
- From April 2012 onwards, the UK Border Agency has deemed it mandatory for all Pakistani nationals to apply for visa online. Hence forth the point based system is applicable to all visa applications.
- Fill out the form on the United Kingdom Border Agency / UKBA website. Submit the application at the website and take a print out. Sign the application. After taking appointment from the Gerry’s International Visa Application Center, take the signed application along with the necessary documents. Do not go without a formal appointment, otherwise you will be sent back.
- For appointments you can call the Gerry’s center landline number from Monday to Friday, morning 8 am to 1 pm in the afternoon. The landline number is 0900-10411. For mobile numbers you can contact trough 8865.
- Gerry’s International under their supervision have created centers for submitting visa application in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad. The addresses for the centers for submitting the visa applications are:
- Lahore: 20 Queens Road opposite Ganga Ram Hospital.
- Islamabad: Sadiq Plaza, G-9 Markaz.
- Karachi: 43/1/D Razi Raod, Shahrah-e-faisal.
- After you have taken the appointment, you will have to go to the visa center personally. You will need to submit an equivalent of £44 in Pakistani rupees at the counter, as visa fee. 200 PKR will be charged extra as bank charges. The visa application along with necessary documents will be submitted here.
- The below mentioned documents must be attached with the visa application. The detailed description of additionally required documents in each category has been explained separately.
- Completely filled out and signed application form.
- One passport sized photograph (the background should be light blue while the size 45mm x 35mm).
- Passport (should not be expired and at the least have one page for stamping the visa).
- Original NIC with a photocopy.
- In the event of a stay longer than 6 months, you will need a TB Screening Certificate.
- Receipt of fee (the fee can also be submitted online).
You will also need to submit a photocopied set of all the above stated documents on A4 size paper. If you are a student, you will need to submit 2 photocopied sets.
- Not all temporary visa candidates are called in for an interview. In the event of being called for an interview, the interview will be held at the British High Commission Islamabad. The candidate needs to prove his eligibility for the visa during the interview.
- Usually it takes up to 15 days for a decision to be made, regarding the visa application; but it may take longer in Karachi and Lahore due to a large number of applicants.
- In the event of any decision being made, the visa center calls the candidate to collect the passport.
Urgent Visa Service
From the 1st of April onwards, the UK Border Agency / UKBA have announced a priority visa service for its visit visa candidates. To qualify for priority visa, it is considered necessary that the candidate should have travelled to the UK at least once during the past two years. Such applications are acted upon in a matter of 2 days. The additional fee for priority visa has been fixed at 3400 PKR. While applying online for an urgent visa you will need to select ‘Priority visas’. You should have proof of visiting UK during the past two years, which is your visa stamped passport.