How To Apply For Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program

canada federal skilled worker program

Canada federal skilled worker program

Visit the website: Navigate to the Forms and Guides section. Click Forms outside Canada. You will come across a variety of forms to select from. You will need four kinds of forms from this, so you can apply for immigration.

  1. For Skilled Workers you will need to download the basic application form. This form also has assigned places for attaching your and your family’s photographs. This form is not to be filled out by the Principal Applicant.
  2. The Back Ground Form needs to be filled out by your wife and children under the ages of years.
  3. The Additional Family form needs to be filled out by your wife and children above the ages of years.
  4. Economic Classes-Federal Skilled Worker form will also be filled out by the Principal Applicant.

Complete these forms on your computer and then get a print out. You will also need to arrange for the visa fee. For you and your wife each you will have to submit a visa fee of 55 Canadian Dollars each, while for children under 18 years of age you will have to submit 150 Canadian Dollars each. The fee can only be paid in the form of a draft to the ‘Receiver General for Canada’. The draft will be dispatched along with the application, write your name and address in English on the back side of the envelope.

Documents to be attached with the Application

  1. All application forms
  2. A draft of the required fee
  3. The data page of the passport of the Principal applicant should be attested by a public notary.
  4. Your home address (typed or printed in English and Urdu)

Where the Application should be dispatched to?

Dispatch the application through a reliable courier service to the Central Intake Office Canada. The address for the office is:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada,

Federal Skilled Worker,

Centralized Intake Office,

6 George Street, Sydney, NS

B1p J3, Canada


You need to bear this in mind that being a Pakistani you cannot submit the temporary residence visa application or immigration application at the Canadian High Commission; rather it should be dispatched to the above mentioned address.

If you have filled out the application form without any errors then one month after its reception in Canada, you will receive a letter of initial acceptance. You will receive in this correspondence; your case file number, a specific number for making contact and a list of the required documents which you need to provide. Your case will be referred to the Islamabad office and you will be given a time frame of 120 days to complete the required set of documents.

Required Document for Canada federal skilled worker program:

  1. Academic certificate and degrees belonging to you and your wife (attested by the board, HEC, University and the Foreign Office).
  2. Transcripts of the University degrees packed or enclosed in an envelope stamped with the University insignia.
  3. Original birth certificates for you, your wife and children.
  4. Academic certificate of your children (if applicable).
  5. Identity card with English translation of both you and your wife.
  6. Nikah Nama (Marriage certificate) with English translation (attested by UC and Foreign office).
  7. Passport photocopies of the entire family.
  8. Bank statement. This will be required as a proof that you have sufficient funds to provide for your family in Canada for the next 6 months. The amount of required bank balances is subject to variation and changes, keeping in view the size of the family. As of now this amount stands at 21000 Canadian Dollars for a family of 4 persons. 17,000 dollars for a family of three persons and 14,000 dollars for a family of two persons.
  9. Police Character Certificate (principal applicant, wife and for children above the age of 18 years).
  10. Immigration Sized photographs (for all persons).

63 thoughts on “How To Apply For Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program”

  1. I have 15 Years experience in IT as a Graphic Designer, Computer Hardware & Software Expert, IT Desktop Manager Contact me +92-3154899451


  3. Mohammad kamran khan

    i am Mohammad kamran khan belong to Pakistan….I am Medical rep and i want to go Canada and work visa Please

  4. my name is Ghulam Mustafa. my Qualiffication is DAE in Civil Technology. my experience is 17 years.
    I want to go Canada job.
    my contact no is 00923004886531

  5. my name is asadUllah my qualification DAE civil technology and i have 2 year expirence from commiunication and work department and plz sir i want go to contact num:+923149232448

  6. Muhammad Bilal Ahmad Butt

    I have translated marriage certificate in English and there is a spellings mistake in my name.
    In my certificates spelling is Ishfaq but in marriage certificate is Ashfaq.Is it ok?
    Do i need to retranslated copy?

  7. I have uk study visa but the visa is expried and now i want the work visa in canada so what i can to do this work visa please tell me.

  8. im a interiors designer and builder construction experience is 10 years also i m an educated person
    sir i want to go to europe like usa caneda or uk

  9. i need job any contry i am civil draughtsman & Diploma in Auto CAD
    Diploma in 3D Studio Max
    Diploma in Civil Adobe Photo Shop
    7 Years 06 month of professional accomplishment.
    Pursuing challenging career in the field of Designing & Drafting.
    Cell No# +92-305-6010143

  10. Nice opportunity I have 5 years experience in fast food mnc company as a business unit manager and currently working with fmgc mnc company last 4 years I want to apply

  11. Im Officer / software engineer in Human Resource & Administration Department at Nishat Mills Limited, Faisalabad since 01-01-2005 today.
    How to i apply the canada in Computer Related Job

  12. I m naturl artist. graduate. interesting of
    i…..statue designing.(by wood,by lime stone, by plaster
    of parris,by cly.etc)
    iv…architecture designing.
    please sir i request to you that any work any job like my intersting field.i shall be very thank ful to you.

  13. I am software engineer have 5 yr expericence in this field let me advoice which category is suitable is apply for canada

  14. Dear Concern,

    I did my MSC in Telecommunication and doing job as Country Slaes Manager in MNC.
    So can you please help me to get the Canadian Immigration.


    M Fahad

  15. muhammad hussain

    My name is muhammad hussain, iwant to do job in canada, i have DAE in Mechanical as well as Masters in Mass Communication, masterin Urdu and also master in Political science. my cell # +923339132522

  16. i want to get work viza in canada.
    plz guide me .now me working as accountant in UAE.tell me on my email id plz

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!
Scroll to Top