Canadian educational institutes like any other developed countries, are known all over the world for their excellence and quality of education. Despite the standard that these institutions possess the tuition fee is far less than other countries. The affordability of education is the basic reason that every year more than one and a half lack foreign students come to Canada for higher education. To study in Canada you need a study permit.
- A Canadian School, College, University or some other educational institute must have agreed to grant you admission.
- Proof that you are financially self-sufficient and can bear the expenses of your education, residence and other liabilities.
- A police report will be required to prove that you are a law abiding citizen and are not involved in any criminal case.
- Must be completely healthy and should be able to undertake a medical examination if the need arises.
- You should be able to convince the visa officer that you will leave once your course is completed.
Directions for submitting the application for study permit
- First and foremost through the internet find an educational institute which offers the courses that you need to take and which you can financially afford.
- Fulfill all the pre-requisite conditions outlined to get admission. Some institutes require the applicant to clear a language test, whereas others decide to grant admission based simply on the academic certificates and degrees which the applicant provides.
- Submit the required admission fee through money order or draft. The institute will send you a ‘Letter of acceptance’. Bear in mind that many of the Canadian universities do not require international students to submit the whole year’s tuition fee as a lump sum.
- After receiving the letter of acceptance from the school/college or university; attach the letter of acceptance and copies of academic certificates with the required documents to apply for the temporary residence visa.
- The visa fee for study visa is $ 125 (non-refundable).
- After the submission of application the whole process is completed in less than two months.