Skilled Worker Visa (Tier-2 General)
You will need sponsorship to apply for the UK skilled worker visa. This sponsorship should be in the form of a job guarantee by a British firm or organization. The discussed firm will state in the issued letter, that the appropriate staff for this job is not available locally, and they wish to enroll a foreigner or international worker. The duration of the visa issued under this category is at the most of 3 years, which can be extended while in Britain.
According to the points based system, the following attributes earn you points.
|1||Academic and professional expertise||0 to 15 points|
|2||Future estimated income||0 to 20 points|
|3||Sponsorship||30 to 50 points|
|4||Proficiency in English language||10 to 15 points|
|5||Current Bank balance||0 to 10 points|
- In order to apply for the visa, you must have at the least 50 points.
- Proficiency worth 10 points in English language is a must.
- In the event of the visa being issued, you will be able to enter into Britain 14 days prior to the start of the job.
- You will not be entitled to any state benefits.
- You will not be able to start a business.
- You will be allowed to do a part time job worth 20 hours a week.
- In the event of your employment being terminated, you will be able to stay for a further duration of 1 month.