Where to submit the application?
People who wish to come and get settled with their close relatives in Norway, essentially, have to submit their visa application from their country of residence for the past six months. They must be residing in that country with either a work permit or a residential permit. The applicant has to submit the application personally at the nearest embassy. The person residing in Norway cannot submit the application on the behalf of people who live outside of Norway. Only under the most exclusive circumstances can an exemption can be permitted from this rule.
- Application form with photocopy.
- Birth certificate.
- A copy of the passport (all pages, even the unused pages are to be photocopied).
- An Official certificate declaring the close relation between the applicant and the sponsor.
- Employment contract / job contract; which informs of the job duration and the pay. Along with this proof of the last three month’s pay is also attached.
- Rent contract or residential agreement.
- After the separation of parents if both the parents possess the guardianship of the children and one of the parents has a Norwegian residence permit or work permit; then in case of calling the children to Norway the written consent of the other partner is to be submitted by necessity. If the partner living in Norway has sole guardianship of the children than the written proof of this is to be submitted.
- If the application for stay permit is being submitted to get married in Norway then the document confirming the marital status of both the Norwegian citizen and their partner is to be submitted.
- Original documents should be submitted along with their English translations.