Canada federal skilled worker program
Visit the website: cic.gc.ca. Navigate to the Forms and Guides section. Click Forms outside Canada. You will come across a variety of forms to select from. You will need four kinds of forms from this, so you can apply for immigration.
- For Skilled Workers you will need to download the basic application form. This form also has assigned places for attaching your and your family’s photographs. This form is not to be filled out by the Principal Applicant.
- The Back Ground Form needs to be filled out by your wife and children under the ages of years.
- The Additional Family form needs to be filled out by your wife and children above the ages of years.
- Economic Classes-Federal Skilled Worker form will also be filled out by the Principal Applicant.
Complete these forms on your computer and then get a print out. You will also need to arrange for the visa fee. For you and your wife each you will have to submit a visa fee of 55 Canadian Dollars each, while for children under 18 years of age you will have to submit 150 Canadian Dollars each. The fee can only be paid in the form of a draft to the ‘Receiver General for Canada’. The draft will be dispatched along with the application, write your name and address in English on the back side of the envelope.
Documents to be attached with the Application
- All application forms
- A draft of the required fee
- The data page of the passport of the Principal applicant should be attested by a public notary.
- Your home address (typed or printed in English and Urdu)
Where the Application should be dispatched to?
Dispatch the application through a reliable courier service to the Central Intake Office Canada. The address for the office is:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada,
Federal Skilled Worker,
Centralized Intake Office,
6 George Street, Sydney, NS
B1p J3, Canada
You need to bear this in mind that being a Pakistani you cannot submit the temporary residence visa application or immigration application at the Canadian High Commission; rather it should be dispatched to the above mentioned address.
If you have filled out the application form without any errors then one month after its reception in Canada, you will receive a letter of initial acceptance. You will receive in this correspondence; your case file number, a specific number for making contact and a list of the required documents which you need to provide. Your case will be referred to the Islamabad office and you will be given a time frame of 120 days to complete the required set of documents.
Required Document for Canada federal skilled worker program:
- Academic certificate and degrees belonging to you and your wife (attested by the board, HEC, University and the Foreign Office).
- Transcripts of the University degrees packed or enclosed in an envelope stamped with the University insignia.
- Original birth certificates for you, your wife and children.
- Academic certificate of your children (if applicable).
- Identity card with English translation of both you and your wife.
- Nikah Nama (Marriage certificate) with English translation (attested by UC and Foreign office).
- Passport photocopies of the entire family.
- Bank statement. This will be required as a proof that you have sufficient funds to provide for your family in Canada for the next 6 months. The amount of required bank balances is subject to variation and changes, keeping in view the size of the family. As of now this amount stands at 21000 Canadian Dollars for a family of 4 persons. 17,000 dollars for a family of three persons and 14,000 dollars for a family of two persons.
- Police Character Certificate (principal applicant, wife and for children above the age of 18 years).
- Immigration Sized photographs (for all persons).