Documents required for Visa
After you have been admitted or enrolled into any German educational institute, submit your visa application with the following documents. The visa will take from 4 to 8 weeks to be issued.
- Three complete visa forms, which have been completed using a typewriter (visa forms are available through the embassy or the embassy website).
- Original passport which is still valid for next 6 months.
- 4 passport sized recent pictures with light background.
- Acceptance Letter of any German university (original + 2 copies).
- V of the candidate.
- Educational degrees and certificates up till Graduation (original + 2 copies).
- Proof of sufficient funds for covering education, boarding and lodging and other daily expenses.
(If you have been awarded a scholarship then you will have to attach the certificate with the papers. If you have to bear the expenses yourself, then you will have to deposit at the least € 7716 in any German bank. The money will be deposited with the precondition that you will be allowed to extract only € 643 per month).
- Certificate of proficiency in English or German language.
Having opted for German language as the medium of education and also to have cleared the language test always impacts the visa officer very positively.